Saturday, November 23, 2013

No more Aloe Juice for me!

Too tired last night to write an entry...
I do want to note that I am NO longer drinking any more of that aloe juice. The first evening I took it, I noticed I felt a little funny within an hour of drinking it.. flushed face, feeling very strange, and got hives all over my head. So the next evening I took another shot of aloe juice, I was on the computer doing something, and noticed my head getting itchy, I started feeling strange again.. my face got all flushed, my hearing started fading in and out and I realized I was about to pass out, I started getting tunnel vision and barely made it to my bed. My arms and legs did not want to cooperate as well, for a bit they went all rubbery and I could not move them, all I could do was lay there, and focus on not passing out. This really really really freaked me out!!!!!

I thought the first evening could be a fluke, but after experiencing the reaction from the second evening, I do not think it's worth trying it again. Maybe I am allergic to it? Kind of funny... it's supposed to HELP with hives/allergies. That was the strangest reaction I've ever had to a food. That's never happened before, and quite frankly it scared me! I will stick to using aloe externally thank you very much! Giving my body a few days, and then I will try the nettle supplements.

Anyway.... Food diary from yesterday!

Food intake was:

Breakfast: 2 eggs on sourdough toast with real butter
Coffee with real cream and sugar

Lunch: Who has time for lunch?

Dinner: Got home late in the evening and decided to make a *Beet wrap* with the rice tortillas. (The tortillas were really gross, I couldn't even eat it) So! Some cooked beets with ricotta cheese, some organic sweet corn soup with coconut milk and a baked potato.

Food intake today:

Breakfast: 2 eggs on sourdough toast with real butter
Coffee with real cream and sugar

No lunch....

Dinner: Pan cooked chicken with white rice, half of an acorn squash with honey and real butter. And a glass of mango/apple juice.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! Definitely put that one on the NO EAT list! I wondered about that one, actually. Be careful! It's good to introduce only one new thing at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The Aloe Juice did awful things to me! It was pretty scary! But aloe juice is an ingredient in a lot of hydrating dog sprays, I may be able to use it as a coat conditioner on my dogs at the shop! So..... not a total waste!

      Delete